Despite cold and wintery like conditions, Earth Day 2019 was a fantastic day and we filled a 40-yard garbage bin!
Without the help from our corporate sponsors, our event would not be the same. A special Thank you to:
1) United Soils for providing “dusty” the street sweeper and all of the staff that helped clean up. Dusty collected loads all morning and the roads around the Lake look a lot better and that is a lot less sediment that will end up in the lake!
2) TIny Seedlings, for providing the wonderful chilli and corn
3) Town of WS for the garbage bags, garbage bin, reflective vests and for all of the help from Councillor Smith for help put this together.
Thanks to Iain Lovatt for coming by and offering his support to our day
5) Thanks to York Regional Police and the ATV unit for all of their help and thanks to the Auxiliary Police for helping clean up. Having the police presence while we are on the roads is instrumental in keeping the event safe and having drivers slow down around our kids.
6) Thanks to Cedar Beach for providing the location, the equipment and the staff that allows the MLRA to host this amazing annual event.
7) Thanks to Donnlyn’s roofing for the water and all of their help.
8) Thanks to Tim Horton’s for their donation of hot chocolate, coffee and Tim bits
9) Thanks to Kevin and Tyler as our designated boat crew who spent the morning in the freezing water and pulled out a spectacular amount of garbage and debris.
Most of all thanks to everyone that came out and helped, it was a cold snowy day and we couldn’t do the event without all of you.